1. Separation Section - where the Lead is recovered by separating the different materials that make up the battery (Lead, plastics, acid, etc.) prior to metallurgical processing.
- Plastics - Broken pieces of polypropylene plastic are collected, washed, blown dry and sent to a plastic recycler.
- Lead - The lead acid batteries lead grids, lead oxide and other lead parts are cleaned and then heated to leads melting point. After the lead reaches its melting point the molten lead is poured into ingot molds.
- Acid - Spent battery acid can be neutralized using an industrial grade baking soda compound. After neutralization the acid turns into water, treated and become into dregs (industrial plaster), cleaned to meet clean water standards, and then released into the recycling process.
2. Pyrometallurgical processes - where the Lead bearing materials are charged into a Rotary furnace together with appropriate fluxes & reducing agents.
- Remelted Lead Ingots are obtained from process of Battery Scraps in the processing Furnace.
- Remelted Lead Ingots, contains about 97-99% Lead Metal with remaining Impurity Elements as Antimony, Tin, Arsenic, Bismuth, Copper etc.
3. Lead Alloying - The company use Pyrometallurgical process to produce specific Lead Alloys at our Alloying Plant. There are six kettle pots with capacity of 25 tonnes per batch accompanied by high efficiency furnace oil burners equipped with preheating arrangements.
- Emissions control is achieved by a flexible kettle hood venting into a venturi scrubber attached to an induction draft fan.
- Our Alloying plant is capable to produce Lead Alloys as per the customer requirement Like : Antimonial, Arsenic, Tin or Copper.